Terms & Conditions
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
This site is operated by Multiline Books and the goods you purchase will be supplied by Multiline Books (we). We are registered in Pakistan with our registered office and main trading address at Shop #3, Ahmad Mansion, Regal Chowk, Hall/Mall Road, Lahore, PK. You can contact us by e-mail at [email protected], by telephone on +92 42 37353564 or write to us at Shop #3, Ahmad Mansion, Regal Chowk, Hall/Mall Road, Lahore, PK.
We may make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time. The updated version of these Terms and Conditions will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. Your continued use of the Site represents that you have accepted such changes.
We may update or change the Site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and/or our business priorities.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to register for the Site or use the Services without parental permission.
Additional policies which also apply to your use of the Site include:
- Our Privacy Notice www.multilinebooks.com/privacypolicy , which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using the Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy www.multilinebooks.com, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you purchase services from the Site, our terms and conditions of supply www.multilinebooks.com will apply to the use.
- Certain parts of this Site can be used only on payment of a fee. If you wish to use such Services, you will, in addition to our Terms and Conditions, also be subject to our Terms and conditions of supply www.multilinebooks.com.
2. ACCEPTABLE USE
2.1 Our full Acceptable Use Policy www.multilinebooks.com, sets out all the permitted uses and prohibited uses of this site.
2.2 You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the site and our services available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of this Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to a compile database or directory without written permission from us
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users to send unsolicited email or creating user accounts under false pretences
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site
- Use the Site to advertise or sell goods and services
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords
- Make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks and services connected to the Site
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use the username of another user
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person
- Use the Site or our content as part of any effort to compete with us or to create a revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site
- Attempt to access any portions of the Site that you are restricted from accessing
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, agents, or other users
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of the content
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site, or any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism
- Use, launch, or engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, robots, scrapers, offline readers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations
- Threaten users with negative feedback or offering services solely to give positive feedback to users
- Misrepresent experience, skills, or information about a User
- Advertise products or services not intended by us
- Falsely imply a relationship with us or another company with whom you do not have a relationship
3. YOUR ACCOUNT
During the registration process, You must choose a username and password (‘Customer Login’). You are responsible for all actions taken under that Customer Login and You must only purchase from www.multilinebooks.com using Your own Customer Login. You must keep Your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If You think there has been some unauthorised use of Your Customer Login, You must change it. You may not transfer or sell Your Customer Login to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use Your Customer Login.
Where You purchase Products or Medicines on the Site, You will be required to provide Us with Your basic registration information comprising Personal Data i.e. Your name, gender, email, DOB, telephone, billing address, delivery address and password.
The information You submit is recorded securely and You will be able to access it at any time online in Your customer record. If You do not comply with these Terms (including failing to make payment when due, failing to disclose Your identity when requested to do so by us, violating the rights of third parties, failing to provide truthful and accurate information) or where We suspect You are engaged or are about to engage in, fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site, You may be subject to review, which can result in the suspension of Your Customer Login and associated account privileges and/or termination. This includes all accounts by association. If You violate these Terms, We may terminate Your use of the Site, bar You from future use of the Site and/or take appropriate legal action against You. You agree that if Multiline Books, in good faith and in its sole discretion, determines that You have breached these Terms, Multiline Books may withhold, cancel, or otherwise retain any and all of Your pending deliveries.
Multiline Books reserves the right to limit in its sole discretion the number of Customer accounts per household. A single credit card may not be used in conjunction with multiple user accounts. Multiline Books limits the number of Customer accounts per natural person to one. Exceptions may apply. Please contact the Customer Services team on 020 7222 5793 or email [email protected] if You have any questions.
You are required to sign up to our website before placing an order. You may place an order to purchase goods advertised for sale on this site by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you wish to purchase. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you place your order by clicking the “submit order” button on the checkout page.
We will acknowledge receipt of your order by sending you an automatically generated e-mail confirming your order has been processed and confirmation of your order number. This is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order, and no binding contract will be formed between us unless and until we accept your order by a separate e-mail.
The contractual language is English
Where we accept your order, we have a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with these Terms and Conditions.
5. PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of the goods will be as set out on the website at the time that your order is made. Prices may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order that has been accepted us. The price includes GST (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the PAKISTAN for the time being.
Occasionally, an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced in which circumstances we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price or at all. We will (at our discretion) either cancel your order and refund the price you have paid or use reasonable endeavours to contact you and ask whether you wish to continue with the order at the correct price, we will cancel your order and refund the price you have paid. However, where the correct price of the goods is less than our stated price, we may (at our discretion) continue with your order and charge the lower amount on dispatch.
You agree that we cannot be liable for the consequences of any delay in the delivery of the goods, particularly as such delay is likely to be outside of our control as we use third party delivery companies.
Delivery will be completed when the goods are delivered to the delivery address in the order. The goods will become your responsibility on delivery.
You confirm that it is safe and appropriate for a package containing medicines to be posted through the letterbox at the delivery address. You shall notify us if it is not safe to do so, for example, due to animals or small children. We will endeavour to use tamper-proof packing, where possible.
If you are asked for a signature upon delivery, it is your responsibility to examine the goods before signing.
We do not deliver goods outside the United Kingdom. If after you have received the goods you then send the goods outside of the United Kingdom, you are fully responsible for any taxes or duties that may arise and compliance with all local laws.
Problems with the courier or non-delivery of items must be reported to us within 30 days of the order being placed.
Unless stated otherwise, all prices include GST (where applicable) but exclude delivery costs.
6. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
The information displayed on this site relating to availability is subject to change by us without notice. We cannot guarantee permanent or continuous availability of all products on this site. All orders are subject to availability at all times.
We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order on this site.
Delivery will be made according to the information at the checkout stage of your order.
We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the goods on any specified date we agree, or if no date is specified, within 15 days after the day on which we accept your order. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example, adverse weather conditions, unpredictable delays caused by traffic congestion, road works, diversions or mechanical breakdowns, in each case to the case to the extent beyond our reasonable control) we may not be able to deliver the goods within these timescales and we will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver the goods if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by such circumstances. In the event that a delivery does not take place, we and you will agree on alternative delivery date.
We are also not responsible for any delay in delivery caused by the unavailability of someone to take delivery of the products. It is your responsibility to contact the post office or courier company as applicable to arrange the collection or delivery of products that could not be delivered because you were unavailable.
We must receive payment in advance before your order can be processed and the goods can be dispatched unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing. Payment for goods must be made in accordance with the procedure explained at the payment methods stage.
Payment must be made at the time the order is placed using a major credit or debit card.
8. SUBSCRIPTION GOODS
Payment for each delivery in a recurring subscription order is taken 4 days before despatch, and we shall notify you in good time as a reminder. You can cancel a subscription order cancel within your website account. Please give us at least 4 days before we despatch the next delivery. If we cannot take payment from you, we shall notify you and ask that you amend your payment details. No order will be despatched unless we have received payment in full.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have the right to cancel your order without having to give a reason at any time before your goods are dispatched or within 14 days after delivery, such 14 day period beginning on the day after you receive the goods. Where your order comprises multiple delivery shipments, the 14 day cancellation period for the goods in your order begins on the day after you receive the delivery of the shipment to you.
To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel by phone, mail, fax or e-mail using the contact details set out above. If you are cancelling because of any problem with the goods, please notify us of the problem at the time of cancellation.
You must send the goods back to us to our trading address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) without undue delay and in any event within 14 days after the day of cancellation. Goods must be received in perfect condition before a refund can be processed
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- The supply of goods for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by us and which may occur with the cancellation period;
- The supply of goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- The supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- In the case of a contract for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if the goods become unsealed after delivery;
- If the case of a contract for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, if the goods become unsealed after delivery;
- If the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
10. REFUNDS POLICY
Following cancellation, we will refund you the price paid for the cancelled order (or part of the order cancelled), less any collection or return charges (if any). We will pay the refund within 115 days after that day:
- You notified us to cancel your order, where you have not received the goods (and the goods have not been dispatched to you) or where we have provided a tracked returns label to return the goods; or
- We receive the goods you returned to us, where you are in receipt on the goods; or
- You provide us with a proof of return for the goods, where you have the goods but we have not yet received them.
We will refund you using the same means of payment as you used to pay for your order. Without limiting your cancellation rights in Clause 8, if you are not satisfied with a product for any reason e.g. if it is not what you ordered, it is damaged or defective, or we have delivered an incorrect quantity, please return the product to us. Once we have confirmed the product defect or other problem, we will:
- Provide a full refund for any product that is not what you ordered;
- Provide a full refund for any goods that are damaged or defective, if this is within a reasonable time following the sale; or
- At your option, repair or replace the goods at our costs (including the cost of postage), unless this would not be possible or would be disproportionally costly in circumstances, in which case we will refund to you the amount for the goods in questions.
We will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day, we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for defective goods.
11. CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if, for example:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area; or
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit or debit card as soon as possible.
12. TITLE AND RISK
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you and we have received clear funds in full payment for the goods. Once goods have been delivered to you or a person nominated by you they will be held at your own risk and you will be responsible for them.
13. EXTERNAL LINKS
All external links on the website are for convenience only. You follow these external links at your own risk and should refer to the external websites’ own terms and conditions of use.
To the extent not prohibited by the law, we accept no liability for any:
- Loss which Is not foreseeable (loss is foreseeable if it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time you and we entered into our contract);
- Loss which arises when we are not at fault or in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and
- Business loss (which includes loss of profits, loss of business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses, as well as business interruption).
Nothing in these Terms is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you which cannot be excluded by English law. In particular, we acknowledge that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
15. EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We will have no liability to you for any delay in delivering goods you have ordered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, accidents, extreme weather conditions, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, natural disaster, failure of telecommunications networks, inability to use transport networks, acts of God, terrorist attack, war, civil commotion, riots, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, acts or restraints of Government, and the imposition of restrictions on imports or exports).
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
No person other than you and us shall have any rights to enforce our agreement, whether under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under our agreement, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under our agreement, unless we agree in writing.
We may update, vary and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. Each time you order or other purchase any goods from us, the Terms and Conditions in force at that time will apply (as set out on this site). Please check this site to ensure that you understand which Terms and Conditions apply.
17. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of Pakistan and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
We would like to get in touch with you via email about products and services the same or similar to those you have purchased from us, as well as other products and services that we supply. You can indicate that you are happy to receive marketing emails from us on providing us with your personal data. You can change your mind at any time, and if you no longer want to receive marketing emails you can unsubscribe at any time.
19. WEBSITE USE
This website is for personal and non-commercial use. You must not use any materials contained in the website except to the extent necessary for your own personal use.